Dead Man's Tools

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

Thank you for sharing this Tom, it was absolutely wonderful to read. I hope you'll submit it for possible publication like Walt does with his.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brownell

Same here. My great Uncle Phil died in his favorite recliner. I have that chair now. I'm hoping he'll haunt me and make me more like him. Phil was a real mensch.

One more time...great story Tom. David

remove the key to email me.

Reply to
J Pagona aka Y.B.

Now there's a first; a story involving banks, and I came out the richer for it!

It don't get better than that.

Thanks

Take Care, Gnube I don't want to win the lottery I just want to win a barn full of seasoned timber! ;O)

Reply to
Gnube

Very well told. You have a way with words. Thank you. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Farley

Does it matter?

Reply to
The Davenports

Dave Davenport responds:

Nope. It may or may not be factual, but it's true.

Charlie Self

We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom. Stephen Vincent Benet

Reply to
Charlie Self

In article , "The Davenports" writes: |> > > I smiled at her and said, "Yes, they are beautiful, aren't they?" |> >

|> > Nice one! |> >

|> > Is it true? |> |> Does it matter?

Of course it's true, otherwise it would not have received such a response.

Is it factual? Who cares.

Reply to
David Wittenberg

WOW...if only some day!

Mike Coonrod

Reply to
Mike Coonrod

I want to thank everybody for the kind words about my little story.

I'm happy, and a little surprised, that so many people seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks again

.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

CLUETOKEN to reply to email.

Reply to
Tom Watson

No thanks needed. Not only did most of the wreckers enjoy it, I sent it to about a dozen friends that enjoyed it too. I will agree with the majority here though, you could definately give up yer day job

Reply to
ChairMan

That's a story in itself Ed, thank you.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brownell

Snip of beautiful story...

Thanks, Tom.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

So here I am, backtracking a bit.

I remember reading this post when it was first posted, and I was touched.

Then, yesterday, I received word that the man that introduced me to woodworking some 14 years ago had passed away.

He put his wife on a plane so she could have a brief vacation. He went home, and he died.

It took a couple days for anyone to go check on him. By most accounts he passed on the same day as the original post.

The woodworking community lost a fine man in R. Puncochar this week. Please pause a short moment and wish him safe passage. He was a damn good man.

Reply to
Turkish

I'm rough and tough and don't cry over nuth. . . .. . . . . .

Dan

Reply to
Dan G