Dead end thoughts

Did you ever blow the end off a router cut and find yourself wishing they made reversible routers and counterclockwise bits?

Reply to
BUB 209

No, but I've looked for the "undo" selection on the tablesaw a time or two.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Once or twice, then I started either leaving the piece long, or climb cutting the last 6 inches or so.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Sound much more expedient than my wishful thinking. However my idea would be good fill for a Walgreen's commercial targeting woodworkers - "In a perfect world, there would be -"

Reply to
BUB 209

Apologise for getting OT, but while I'm on the subject, ha ha, what are those little empty rooms for with the big windows above the entryway at so many of these new Walgreens stores? They're up too high to be able to put anything on display. Do you suppose they might be planning for some future society where pilloried shoplifters are put out for public scrutiny?

Reply to
BUB 209

Close, but the wrong end of the problem.

They're for security people to _watch_ for shoplifters, etc.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

If they could come up with computers and woodworking machines that would do what I wanted rather than what I said I wanted ...

charlie b

You can lead a horse to water but he'll still try to rub you against barb wire or take you under low hanging branches

Reply to
charlie b

Me -- when calling through one of those "800" dial-around numbers, where you have to dial the 800 number, _your_ number, your pin, and _then_ the number you wish to reach -- I'd *kill* for a 'backspace' key on the telephone!! It can be THIRTY SIX digits!

It is well known (although not as well as it *should* be), that "ROM", especially with regard to computers, does _NOT_ stand for:

ead perator's ind

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Ayup.

And, it's a graphic format called EPS, not a graphic production person with ESP.

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone