dead craftsman tablesaw uses

I have one of the direct drive motor craftsman tablesaws. The motor is dead. I bought a the new saw from Home Depot.
I would like to use the center of the table for the router table. Has anyone done this?
If I cannot do this then I will replace one of the wings. I thought about bolting the two wings together and use the other side as a tool base - sound good?
Have seen it done, seemed to work well.

Hi "Sweet" thanks for the reply,
Been looking at this table. Looks like if I want to mount a router to the table saw - I would need to have it modified at a machine shop to accept the router? - Or do I remove the base of the router and mount it to the table?
Got a suggested half inch router for this purpose?
I have a neat dead Craftsman router you can have!!! Would look super in your dead tablesaw- you could call it the " cutting of the dead" or something.
On 4 Jan 2004 16:14:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Keith Bozek) wrote:

I have a working Craftsman router that you can have. (As long as you sign a release to get me off the hook if you get hurt or damages when the bit loosens and fkies out the collet.) We might call this one "Cutting of the soon to be dead."
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:29:10 -0600, Lawrence A. Ramsey

Hi Lawrence,
How about night of the living dead Cratsman Tools.