Deacon's Bench

I'm fairly new to serious woodworking and new to this group.
Does anyone know where I could get free plans for what is called a "Deacon's Bench" (a 2-seater) in America or a "Monk's Chair" (single-seater) here in the UK. Was also known as a "Box Settle" I believe.
We have just moved house and have a need for something in the front porch to store outdoor shoes. Also, as I get older, I can no longer stand to put on my shoes so need somewhere to sit!! Many thanks in advance for any help.
Malcolm Webb Lincoln UK.
snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk (Malcolm Webb) wrote in

I googled for deacon's bench, and about the third link that came up was a plan ...
--
Best regards
Han

by using plans someone else has paid for, then you should go to another newsgroup. Compared to the price of wood and supplies, as well as your valuable time in making the subject item, the price of a plan is minuscule.
--
Best regards
Han
snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk (Malcolm Webb) wrote:

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 07:24 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk (Malcolm Webb) calmly ranted:

"that plan"? You'll have to quote the poster if you want anyone to know what the 'ell you're talking about, Malcolm.
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~flip/plans.html Wreck reference files.

Nope, not here in Grants Pass, OR, USA. How about this one? Complete with animations. http://www.skil.com/Projects/Project+Plans/Woodworking/Deacons+Bench.htm
=========================================================CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
I wasn't trying to save money particularly -- I'm not that much of a cheapskate :-) I'm quite prepared to buy a set of plans if I can find what I am looking for.
But I hadn't, at the time, seen any designs or plans that are anything like approaching what I was looking for whether for sale or otherwise.
I have now seen a Monk's Chair for sale in a local store which is the sort of design I had been searching for. So I have measured it up (on the pretext that I was checking its size to see if it would fit). It's not exactly what I had in mind but the proportions are perfect and I now have all the dimensions I need to make a set of working drawings which I can adapt to suit my own ideas.
Many thanks for all the help from everyone in this excellent newsgroup.
Malcolm Webb