De barking?

Trying to separate the bark from some gumtree branches. They are too small to use draw knife. Too numerous to do by hand with sharp knife. I am soaking some as a test but was wondering if anyone could help. The wood is/was pretty dry. Any "old wive tales" I can try? I am making items with a smooth finish and sometimes the bark comes off later and spoils the effect. Thanks, Jas.

Reply to
jas