Dc1100RC with Ecogate

I have a Jet DC1100A/RC with remote control and have tried to use the ecogate system. The ecogate system supply's power to the DC directly. When a gate is opened it supplies 120V to the DC. After a time out the Ecogate turns off the

120v circuit. Has anyone used a Jet dust collector with the ecogate or should I use the money and just buy a larger DC and leave the gates all open
Reply to
Keith

Never mind. I have returned it because of a number of problems not related to my dust collector.

Reply to
Keith

Why not simply put the gates in easily accessible locations?

I use a Long Ranger remote clipped to my pocket to switch my DC on and off. All of my gates, except one, are easy to reach. My gates are usually 3-4' off the ground and not far from the tool's power switch. There's no rule that says the blast gate has to connect directly to the tool outlet. My one difficult to reach gate is now equipped with a cable / slide / knob mechanism so it can be opened from the front, similar to the vent doors in 70's cars.

I find "automatic" blast gate systems to often be more trouble and expense than they're worth.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks Barry. I have ordered some more 4" hose to relocate the gate from under my table saw to the side. I'm also looking at other ways to make the other gates easier to reach. The idea is great but the electronics don't seem ready yet.

B A R R Y wrote:

Reply to
Keith