DC bags and Pam cooking spray Question

On one of the threads someone mentioned "pre-seasoning" dc bags with Pam cooking spray.

I did my obligatory Google search and came up empty.

Can anyone give me the scoop on this.

Thanks!

Reply to
Big T

That's an original thought by Dave. I made a mental note of it as well. I roll the DC outside most of the time, and feed it through a 4" duct through the wall, so it doesn't apply to my situation and doubt I'll try it anytime soon.

But if you want buttery fresh, non-stick shavings, go for it and let us know how it works out.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Sort of like getting mucous on your nose hairs, the oil will hold on to dust.

Keep a can down there to lube your bandsaw blade, too.

Reply to
George

Seems to me it would just cause it to clog up; but I haven't tried it.

Reply to
Toller

And nobody's worried about clogging the pores? That stuff sticks like dog snot to a screen door. I can't imagine it being a long term solution.

But, like Greg pointed out, if you want/need those buttery fresh shavings... *G*

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
bob kater

I don't know, sounds like a combination of disasters waiting to happen, dust explosion from ungrounded dust collector coupled with spontaneous combustion from the oil in the cooking spray. :-)

Mark & Juanita

Note that it was "pre-seasoning," something which implies one time, and when clean. Not much oil in the spray, but it will help begin the dust cake which filters finer particles.

With as much paranoia as is expressed here about the danger of dust, seems a cheap and easy way to help the trapping.

Reply to
George

Right. I think you need a -drying oil-, like BLO or Watco. That should do it... no fumes and no air flow to blow dust all over the shop... problem solved.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Yeahbut, the drying BLO will cause spontaneous combustion of the DC bags.

I think we've invented the perfect modern appliance here - a Dust Collector that consumes power, generates noise and heat, but accomplishes no useful task. Kinda like television - and politicians.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G