Dayton table saw

Hi,
I found someone selling a large Dayton table saw in my town and I was thinking of purchasing it but I don't know anything about them. I know other brands but nothing about this one.
Can anyone provide some guidance?
I've done some Google searches and so far have come up empty.
Thanks,
Take a look here:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ordSLTable.jsp?xi=xi&ListOID73969079&catOID=-1610723136&cLog=X
Paul T.
--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

thanks...so i can see they are costly but are they good? i'm sorry..i have a friend with a 2006 high end car he bought new and that thing is a piece of junk.
more expensive doesn't mean better. i would use this for hobbyist work and it's only $150 so yea..it's a steal
unclescrooge wrote:

What is is? <G>

it is a jaguar. i warned him before he bought it. he hates it and can't wait for him to save enough cash to get out from under it
but i just want to be sure that this is a reliable, solid brand with a good reputation. since it's used, i am not foolish enough to expect a warranty or any sort of help from dayton with it. so i don't want to get ripped that's all.
unclescrooge wrote: ...

Which saw is it? How old, what size, accessories with it, show signs of abuse, see/hear it run, make trial cut or two, ...???
Far too little to judge anything about the particular saw, but for $150, if it's the full cabinet 10" or 12" and has even most of the parts, it's essentially free candy and even if it needs some work it's a bargain.
If it's the contractor model and been thru the wringer, maybe not so much.
Grainger typically uses reasonable QC on their Dayton-branded items but I don't know precisely who builds their current tablesaws, etc.

it is a jaguar. i warned him before he bought it. he hates it and can't wait for him to save enough cash to get out from under it ***************** Had a friend who used to take classic Jags and replace the engine and running gear with simple, reliable american gear. You ended up with the classic Jag look and the reliable, easily maintained engine, etc.
Lee Michaels wrote:

I see a company racing at Lime Rock each vintage meet that drops 350 and 351 ci. V8's into older Jag's. As they come down the main straight, there's no doubt which cars are theirs!
wrote

Easy enough to do. For some period they used GM transmissions.
Of course, the electrical was made by Sir Lucas, Prince of Darkness.
Now, every time I look at the little Jag of recent years I think to myself, "what a lot of money for a Ford Contour"

well fyi--i wound up not buying it. it may be a steal but i'm not equipped to work on these things if there are any issues.
i guess i need to lie in wait for the next cabinet saw that comes available and by then i should have more cash saved up to make it worthwhile
which brands of table saws tend to have better longevity than others or is there such a thing?
unclescrooge wrote:

Sounds about right... At least it's not a Rover!

Like a Lexus? <G>
In article

Yeh well, Ford have got a lot answer for!
--
Stuart Winsor

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ordSLTable.jsp?xi=xi&ListOID73969079&catOID=-1610723136&cLog=X
OK, I looked. Is there a dumb question I should ask? Like why?