David Marks on HGTV again

I see that Woodworks will be on HGTV on Saturday morning 9/27/03 at 7 AM Eastern time... I think this is the first show of the fall season... or I missed some. ;-) The summer was too long!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Thanks for the heads up.

Reply to
Frank J. Vitale

I got a couple e-mails on this asking how I found it... I found it on

and searched for "wood works." Below is the first couple lines from the search results.

John

TV Listings Results [1]

Date Start Time Title Ch# Channel Saturday, 27 7:00 AM Wood Works 63 HGTV Saturday, 27 9:00 PM Wood Works 142 DIY

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

if you have TIVO... you can also put the show's title in the search area and TIVO will find it for you.... i have mine set to *season pass*....along with American woodowrker and NYW

Reply to
WARRENRN1

... and if you have Replay, you can go one step further. Since Replay is designed to work on the web, it has a network connection built into the box. With freeware (DVArchive or WinReplayTV), a computer on the same LAN can easily access the Replay DVR. Programs can be extracted onto the computer. A 1/2 hour WW show is about 414 MB in an MPEG2 format. These can be easily veiwed on any computer and one program can fit onto a CD with no editing. If you go one step further, and buy a program called Womble, the shows can be quickly edited, stripping out all the commercials. This reduces the size of the shows to 280-350 MB each. Two shows can then fit on a single CD. I'm now recording every NYW and Wood Works show and storing them on CDs and DVDs. Wish I had this Replay box years ago. It's worth every bit of the $9.95/mo fee, plus the $199 I paid for the box initially.

Tivo is wonderful, but Replay will let you archive the programs easily. I understand there are hacks to modify Tivo for this function. IMHO, that'd be worth doing.

Robert

Reply to
2manytoyz