David Marks

Page 2 of 4
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:16:35 GMT, "Jerry Gilreath"
sister in law son in law snake in law some in law
Oh, sorry. I just had a brain fart!
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Mark wrote:

Well..you do need to keep the roots moist for the plant to prosper. :)
Tim
--
No BoomBoom for me! - snipped-for-privacy@BoomBoomVerizon.net

Not to mention fertilize ... her.

Guys, I don't need encouragement.
Family get togethers at the in-laws are difficult enough. You see, I'm more *ME* in person than I am online.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

OK...well...maybe one last shot at it...for grooming...would you till her?
Tim
--
No BoomBoom for me! - snipped-for-privacy@BoomBoomVerizon.net

brought forth from the murky depths:

Right, all the pain without the discoloration!
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------

I think a great invention would be tattoo ink which automatically fades after a period of time. I bet a lot more people would get tattoos.
Or what about ink which reacts with a certain chemical so you could take a pill to make the tat show or hide for a period of time? You could get the "nearly permanent tattoo" which disappears for 24 hours when you take a pill (for those wedding photos!), or a "nearly invisible tattoo" which only *appears* for 24 hours when you take a pill, for those weekend hog rides!
Larry Bud notes:

Have you looked around lately? Damned near as many kids getting tattoos as are getting nose, nipple and lip piercing.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Actually, there is a 'photographic' process where a solution is applied to skin, a negative placed over the solution and then exposed to light. After an appropriate amount of time (up to several hours of sunlight) the negative is removed and a fixer applied.
It's only skin deep so as the skin wears off the ... Print?? ... fades. IIRC fading takes several weeks.
BTW, this process would work on wood.
I have considered this form of skin art.
I've been thinking of a tattoo for about a quarter century, way before they became trendy. In the beginning I couldn't find or think of anything that properly defined 'me', then I realized I never would because I was growing and changing. Why would I want something that defined 'Me' at 25 to continue defining me until my grave? If every time I grew and changed I got another tat I would have ran out of skin long ago.
If I had gone to the Marines instead of the Air Force it would have been easy. Though I'm no longer an Airman had I been a Marine I would still be a Marine. The U.S.M.C. tat would have popped the skin art cherry.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
They have improved tattoo ink vastly over the last 30 years.
How is improved? Different composition? The one I got twenty-four years ago has also turned mostly purple. Guess we'll have to wait another thirty years for the current release of tattoo ink to see if it changes colour or fades.
I don't know what they have done to change it only that my artist told me they had . I do know my oldest tat's are turning bark blue/purple where my ones I got 15/20 years ago are still black. Puff

Slightly off topic, but can someone tell me why some tattoo parlors (there's one in Indy and one in Lousiville that I know of) have signs advertising "Tattoos While You Wait"?
Are there any other kind?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

The layaway plan?? Pay as you go?? Check into Cash?? Will Call??
Not that I have one, but the process used to involve separate sessions for some inks and patterns. Imagine the one-session advertisement is for "the children" to get their parent-spiting tattoos on impulse.
Boys behind bars really love "doing" each other. We won't let 'em have pens, only pencils.

I asked about that, since I live around the corner from one of Tattoo Charlie's fine establishments. A boy that lived a couple doors down worked there, I didn't go to the place to asked. He said it was a marketing thing. It gets peoples attention. And, obviously, it does.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
brought forth from the murky depths:

If you don't let go of that thing (and soon!) it'll go from PURPLE to black and fall off. DAMHIKT
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------
What color is a belch?
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:52:26 +0000, jo4hn wrote:

Monkey Vomit Green.
--
-Doug

jo4hn wrote: