Dangerous in Enclosed Spaces

Ummm.... no, it's not. At a pH of 12, it's a fairly caustic _base_.

Doug Miller

No, it was after he started posting to sci.engr.chem and pissed them off as much as he did us.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Damn, and all the time I thought they were marketing hypochlorous acid, not the sodium hypochlorite.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine was.

Reply to
George

Heh, heh.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

that's a bald faced lie, Dingy.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

One other one I forgot about - don't drip paint thinner into your pants pocket. I did once, somehow (don't ask how) and awhile later felt a strong burning sensation on my leg. When I pulled my pants down there was a red welt in the unmistakable shape of the United States Capitol building, from some change that had been in there.

Reply to
BUB 209

What US coin has the Capitol on it?

Doug Miller

Did that with avgas many moons ago. Got stuck driving the fueling truck at Kaneohe Bay back in '59, for a few weeks. Used to use the drip off the nozzle to fill my lighter. It was one of those clear plastic bottom lighters, this one with a Marine Corps emblem floating in the fluid. I didn't get the screw tight, got busy fueling copters and realized an hour later that my leg was on fire. Or so it felt.

Charlie Self "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Reply to
Charlie Self

Anyone that has used a Zippo lighter for any length of time knows how that is.

Reply to
CW

It was the flipside of a nickel, Monticello, that's it.

Reply to
BUB 209