Damn I spent some cash this month.....gloat

Page 1 of 2
not only have I purchased the Knapp combi,the robland planer/thicknesser,double DC with filters,the Multico PM20 and shed loads of tooling.I ordered the Milwaukee sharp-fire , Fujispray Q4 HVLP and a meber p500 bandsaw today as well even got an electrician in to wire the workshop for three phase instead of doing it myself (that makes a change)...............omly problem is I sold all my other machines and the new stuff doesnt arrive untill the 10th except for the pm20 which I have now.I know it gets boring when people gloat but I have waited so long to get this stuff that I just have to.Pics will abound when it gets delivered.I have spent years remodeling other peoples boats and houses and now I`m gonna make things I wanna make.I`ve stop working full time bought a house where I can have my workshop next to it (in the netherlands that is a real luxury believe me)No more city life,no more traveling,no more fume ridden rancid streets and no neigbours.Well I got that of my chest,a good rant really helps. Russell

well, ... on the 10th, you're gonna suck.

I'm sorry, but this does not qualify as a regular gloat.
It's more like a pre-gloat gloat.
Thu, Feb 26, 2004, 12:07pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@123.com (mp) says: I'm sorry, but this does not qualify as a regular gloat. It's more like a pre-gloat gloat.
I'd say if he bought it all, it's a brag, not a gloat.
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

anymore,I worked may ass of for it
you are right; you are bragging; not gloating. A gloat is when you get something super, super cheap.
dave
Russell wrote:

So, tell us again, just what was your winning lottery numbers????
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:04:22 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

yep unless he got it all for 10.00 then it is a gloat. anyone can buy something it is getting a great deal on it. like getting a 2000.00 bicycle for a three plane trade.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
toolworks.com says...

brag :-)...plus I never had the chance to brag before so I`ll enjoy it while I can and there is a certain amount of pride in the fact it took so long to get the cash together never fltering never being tempted to waiver and but anything else....and most of all not having to justify it
Russell,
Brag all you want, here in the shop it cool when someone earns the bucks to buy what he/she wants. But, you still suck!
Bernie
(mp) says:

Uncle Russ? Is that you? We're going to be in your town for vacation. BTW, where do you live? Your favorite nephew, Ed
Yeah Me and Cousin Ed are on our way. Puff

says...

Maine,we went to the LN factory a couple of years ago,but you know what really sucks,our budget was so limited I could`nt buy anything.We like new England, good place for a holiday.where are you guys from?
Russell wrote:

I'm in Connecticut, about 150 miles from the LN factory. Let me know if you are ever in the area.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

into Boston hired a car and travelled up the coast camping on the way stayed with a couple of friends all the way to Lubeck then inland to lake Champlain down through Connecticut,Rhode island,Cape Cod and then back to Boston.Amzing landscape and good seafood clam chouder and lobster.But I cant see us doing that sort of holiday for a long time yet,probably just Greece for a week this year.But hey your welcome to drop in here! Russell
says...

ONLY a week in Greece! Funny how one's perspective changes, based on where one lives!
Russell, enjoy your new tools! Make some really nice projects. Post pictures when you can.
And enjoy your week in Greece, too.
Patriarch, who is trying to figure out what his wife would do for the week in Fort Bragg, CA, whilst he took a class in advanced sawdust conversion...
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.codifiant.comnet says...

greece can be as cheap as $300 if you shop around.You can fly to Madrid from Amsterdam for $19.Yet if you said to me I`m going to the grand canyon for a week I`d be really impressed
Russell writes:

300 bucks? Hell, I can't go to Columbus for that and it's only about 2-1/2 hours away. The Grand Canyon would impress me, too, as it's maybe 1600 miles from here. Right close to that Ft. Bragg, though. But a lot further away from Ft. Bragg, NC (another 1700 miles maybe).
I've often wondered what the driving distance from Key West to, say, Bellingham, WA is.
Whoo, whadda drive. Almost 3700 miles, 60 hours 50 minutes driving time according to Rand McNally.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
Charlie Self wrote:

Rand McNally is usually pretty conservative too. It's probably even longer by real roads.
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:59:12 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

Did Poughkeepsie, NY to Seattle, WA in 1966 after a 3 month IBM class. Took me 3-1/2 days - day one, Poughkeepsie to Buffalo - day 2 Buffalo to Madison, WI - day 3-1/2, Madison to Seattle. Had 30 cents in my pocket and an empty gas tank when I arrived in Seattle. Slept for 2 days.
--
-Doug