Dadoing with De Walt 12" slider

This is one of those things I discovered on my own that I don't know if it's an intended feature or not, but you can set the blade on this saw at a height above the table to make a "quickie dado" as long as it's not too wide. You have to put a block of wood as a spacer against the fence to get the full depth of cut and the workpiece can't be more than about 4" wide, and you have to make quite a few passes, but its still faster than setting up your tablesaw for a few dado cuts and then changing the blade again. And it's a smooth, accurate and controllable cut.

Reply to
BUB 209