Dado size for Bosch 4000 TS

I know that this has been discussed a lot and I've read most of them but here are some follow up questions:

1) Is there more tearout on 6" vs 8" dado blades.

2) Shouldn't the inertia built up with 8" actually assist the motor after start up?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

not having a 6" dado to compare with my 8" set, all I can do is speculate.

the 8" set will have a higher tip speed, which should help reduce tearout. it may be a moot point though, depending on the rpms of your saw. sharpness and tooth configuration may be a bigger factor than diameter.

it should have the effect of helping the saw overcome small variations in the density of the material. it won't let you maintain a faster feed rate.

you're welcome Bridger

Reply to
Bridger