Dado repair... good idea.

Page 2 of 2
On 2/15/14, 8:27 AM, Leon wrote:

You are correct. It's quite gummy, isn't it?
--

-MIKE-

Any hints for removing the Boeshield completely? Just mineral spirits?

Hmm. Does it still protect your saw?

Buff buff buff or Acetone... Not sure about Mineral Spirits.

As good as any thing that I have used lately. If you have never used it before you want to apply as directed. IIRC a couple of heavy coats.
Now if you do get a rust spot..... And you are going to think I am crazy...... put a small spot of wood glue, the regular stuff on the rust spot and leave it there a minute or two. In fact if you just put a spot anywhere on the cast iron top and wipe it off 10 or seconds later the surface will look brand new.

The directions say that mineral spirits will take it off but it seems to leave some. I can try acetone but I normally don't have it around.

I will (read the instructions). I bought a can but I haven't taken the Boeshield off yet. It's been working fine but I don't like its surface.

You're right..... ;-) I'm not even going to ask how you found this trick.

I used to use my TS top and extension table to glue up tall cabinets. Occasionally glue would drip on to the surface of the cast iron table top. When removing the glue I made this discovery.
Take note, if you leave it on there too long rust will develop. IIRC I let it dry when I discovered the rust.
On 2/14/2014 11:12 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

I always thought the weight was actual product and not propellant. That would seem to be a bad way of telling the consumer how much they are getting if they included propellant.
--
Jeff

On 2/14/14, 12:22 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Perhaps not the propellant, I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me if the stated amount on the can was all ingredients. There are other carriers in there that allow the lube to be sprayed which evaporate away.
--

-MIKE-

The can says "net weight" - which includes the wax, the solvent, and the propellant. Inside the can all 3 are liquid, and after shaking they are pretty well mixed (in solution),
On 2/14/2014 12:22 PM, woodchucker wrote:

That is what one would think but thinking back, the old Empire TopCote that was applied from a 4~5 oz pump spray bottle easily last as long as the 10oz. Bostich TopCote that comes out like a fog.