Dado Blades

Lacking a TS hasn't kept me from being interested in dado blades sets.

It appears that the Freud SD208 (and I assume the DeWalt DW7670 dado blade set) are make out of thinner steel on the outside blades.

Besides for including a 3/32 cutter, whereas the sets above only go down to 1/16, besides shims, I'm pretty sure that the Freud SD508 has heavier steel on the outside. This seems to me like the feature which is mostly likely to preclude tears (from the eyes) when the pieces don't go together like they should, but what do I know...

Both of the former sets are priced in the vicinity of $85 and the SD508 is currently priced at $199.

Comments welcome (Mike already made me aware of the adjust-a-width SD-608).

In related news, I bought a Bosch ROS today for my wife. Tis the season! ; ) And yes, if you had read another post I made, I got her the ring that she wanted. I could of had a V8--oops, I mean a Freud Adjust-A-Width SD-608 Dado Set! Wow, tears.. lol.

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
Bill

We do it a little different at my house.

SWMBO and the kids (adults now) ask me what I want for Christmas. I describe the latest tool that I want, including make, model, color and trim package. ;-)

They say "Go buy it, put it under the tree and we'll pay you for it." I do my part - buy, wrap, place under tree, open on Christmas morning. Somehow, their part - the paying part - usually gets forgotten.

Oh well, I still end up with a new tool, so it's all good.

Happy Holidays to all, regardless of how (and which) you choose to celebrate.

Reply to
DerbyDad03