dado blade set vs. router

snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote in news:qsidnZtdC5FpzlbZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@charm.net:

*snip*

I just made a couple straight dados with my router. Put a 1/2" bit in there and started nibbling at the cabinet grade plywood I had. Besides kicking up a bunch of sawdust, it was easy.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I haven't used one, but I think an upspiral bit will help a lot here. With a groove this wide, you'll want multiple passes, I expect. The router bit stops much more cleanly than the blades, if you don't want the dado to go all the way across. This is an area where the RAS really shines. The board stays still and supported for cross dados and is easily guided along the fence for dados of any length in the rip direction! You don't have to worry about the work lifting either. Wilson

Reply to
Wilson