Dado blade for Delta 36-540

I have tried the 6" Hickory adjustable with poor results. I purchased the Harbor Freight dado set for $19.95 and it does OK for as many as the blades that can be used. I think I get two outside (1/8") and one 1/8" chipper. The arbor is too short to safely use more chippers.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

other than a "wobble" blade, i'd say that saw is maxed out.
the only other thing to do, is get a bigger TS
Traves
gr wrote:

The saw is maxed out so your only other choice would be to use a router, which will do quite well for you.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.