Dado Blade Comparison

Reply to
Richard Clements

How would the group rank the Freud SD508 8" Dado set against the Forrest DK08244 8" Dado set? Is the extra money for the Forrest worth it?

Philly

Reply to
philly45

I went through the same thing a few months ago and after reading some posts here and a dado comparison (I think in Wood Magazine), I went with the Freud 508. This comparison had them both basically equal in quality.

I have used it several times and it is very impressive - especially for someone like me who had been using an adjustable dado for many years. It gives nice sharp cuts and flat bottoms. Nice case too.

I'm sure the Forrest (for about $100 more) might edge it out in some manner but for me, I'm glad I saved the money and went with the Freud.

I put the $100 toward a delta mortiser - another nice machine.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Give a look to:

also run their 40 tooth combo blades and use their sharpening service. Small business, nice folks.

No affiliation...etc., etc.

David

Reply to
Bannerstone

I have been very satisfied with my Freud 508.

Rob

Reply to
Rob