Dado bit advice required

I'm making up some display shelves out of 19mm pine. I want to rout dadoes into the sides and slip in the 19mm timber and glue / screw in place. The problem - my 19mm bit produces a nice clean dado that I can barely fit the timber into, due to variations in timber thickness, swelling from glue etc. Rather than make 2 passes to get a slightly wider dado, does anyone know of a 19.5mm or 20mm bit? Preferably CMT or Jesada as those are readily available here. Part numbers would help.

Thanks.

-- _________________ Norman Lever Melbourne, Australia _________________

Reply to
Norman Lever

Use a plane to trim the thickness of the ends of the shelves to fit.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Use the right sort of plane to trim the sides of the dado (or find the right router bit to cut it in one pass)

Andy Dingley

Or get a bit ~ 3mm (? next common size smaller) and use two fences.

Reply to
Mark

See this link to Her-Saf cutter heads.

They have bits in

0.766, 0.781 & 19.9mm
Reply to
Erik

Oops, I forgot - no simple solutions allowed in this group.

ATTENTION ORIGINAL POSTER: You need to purchase a military specification, 75hp, combination right and left tilting table saw with an 18" Forrest Dado King blade, Biesemeyer fence, and

120" rip capacity. Your particular problem will also require the addition of the laser sighting and Computer Control options. With this you will easily be able to modify the dadoes to fit your shelves.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher