Cypress Humidor?

I have access to about 1k bf of cypress. The question is will it make a good humidor? I'm thinking of 48x25x22. I know it will finish nice but my concern is the joints warping or splitting from the moisture. Would ply be better for one this large?
Moisture levels in the humidor should run approx 70% RH, so I would doubt that you would have any problems, but if in doubt, you could always let the cypress acclimate to 70% RH before building the humidor
A saturated table salt/water solution will maintain approx 75% RH, and would be easy to cobble up a big shallow pan, about a pound of table salt and water (add water to cover the salt and then a bit more, you want a saturated solution plus undissolved salt crystals for this to work)
Get your boards close to final size, then but in a big garbage bag (on supports to keep it from touching the salt solution pan) and let it acclimate for several weeks and you should be fine. Unless you live in the southwest or other area with extremely low ambient RH, should work fine, otherwise, seal the exterior with something like poly to avoid huge differences between internal and external RH
John