Cypress from HD?

The other day I was picking over the maple pile at the Borg (but I've found all SORTS of interesting grain just piled in with the rest from time to time)
Anyway, this HD wasn't carrying maple *mutters* but they DID have some 1/4" thick slices of a pale, straight-grained wood labeled "Cypress."
Has anyone worked with it, what's it good for, how does it look finished, whatever?
To me it looked and felt like hobby shop basswood, but it was a smidgeon paler.

I built a bench from cypress. Nice to work with, harder than pine, softer than oak or maple. Smells like popcorn when cutting. It has a noticeable grain that requires careful planing and sanding or it will come up in "layers". Ed
Great wood for out door projects. Have seen it used for septic tanks, barns, watering troughs and other similar projects. Have a set of bookcases my dad made from some that was dredged up out of the Mississippi River, came from an old steam boat that sank. Color similar to maple more open grain very light and soft.