Cypress For Outdoor Furniture?

Page 2 of 2

I'm a big fan of cypress for outdoor furniture. I made some end tables out of it 6 (7?) years ago that stay outside year round. Those I painted, and they're as good as new. No joke. And this was just your basic "new" cypress. Give it a shot - you won't be disappointed.
JP
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

in 1975 with no evidence of stain or sealer. It was mostly solid except for the lower 6 inches, (It was touching the ground). I took it down, trimmed the ends and planed it. Made a lot of nice birdhouses, outdoor doo-dads and flower boxes. Few other local woods would stand this weather that long.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA