cyclone dust collectors

i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S. Can someone shed some light on which is better and why. thanks

Without actually looking at the machines; Oneida has a good reputation and PS makes crap.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've heard bad things about Penn State.
You may also want to check out the ClearVue.
Chris

On the recommendation of a friend in the local woodworkers club, I almost bought the Penn State unit you mention . I had some communication problems (long story) with the people at Penn State and decided to get the Oneida unit. A few months after I had completed installation of mine, I had a chance to see my friends unit. No comparison. I believe my unit is a much better quality collector. My 2 cents.
Max
| i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at | the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S. | Can someone shed some light on which is better and why. | thanks
Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida
I have a larger Oneida, but the Gorilla should work just fine. Top Quality all the way with Oneida, and the design is better.
nuff said, woodstuff
I bought the Clearvue and have been using it for almost a year. It is a great machine. Service and installation help is unsurpassed.
Bob Heveri

Grizzly also has a good cyclone unit. I've heard bad about Penn State too. Check out Bill Pentz's website. While he is miffed at all the big corporations who, according to him, stole his design, he is very insightful about dust collection. His unit is called a Clearvue and while it seems a bit primitive apparently works very well. His website is http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/ lots of good info.
--
Rich Harris

I have a Penn State 1.5 HP DC. The plastic wheels fell off of it after a year of use. I replaced the wheels with casters as havn't had any more issues with it.
Rich wrote:

Actually, Bill doesn't sell the Clearvue. It's made and sold by Ed Morgano, and a small royalty goes to Bill for the design.
Chris
Your right, I stand corrected. His site is very informative. It helped me immensly.
--
Rich Harris

"Chris Friesen" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca> wrote in message
On Sep 14, 4:39 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I just saw an ad for a sale on Grizzly cyclone DCs this morning (http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0443). Compared to the prices I have been seeing for other cyclones, this looks like a pretty good deal. Does anyone here have any experience with these?
Chuck