Cyclone dust collector question

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I switched over to Mozilla Thunderbird to read the messages and missed several days of posts until now.

The Torit seems to be a very nice unit. I will probably put a bag on the exhaust and return the Jet. Eventually, I plan to build a blower motor powered post collector with fine filters. I've seen them with pool filters and also with several shop vac type HEPA filters. I already have a similar shop built ambient air cleaner.

Thanks again,

Eric

Reply to
mnterpfan

Hey Eric,

I'm coming in late on this and to tell you the truth I've really not been paying too close attention other than to note that you got yourself a Torit (suck!). Anyways, apologies if this is trodden soil and all but there are a couple of links that I've come across/been exposed to that you'd might want to look at.

The first is Wynn Environmental. These people seem to have been paying attention to the wants and needs of wooddorkers, 'specially wooddorkers with a need for big ass pleated filters.

The second is for American ('Murican) Filter Fabric. They also seem to be knowing what's what but I think they are limited to bags only.

'm in the middle of contemplating what to do with my Murphy-Rodgers (like a Torit/different/this one doesn't quite have the "suck factor") blower so I've been eye balling the American Filter Fabric site.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Keeter,

Thanks for the info on the two sites. JClarke pointed out Wynnenv also. I'll have to check out AFF (MFF?) too.

"Suck" Not like having A100, but it's a nice cyclone. 2hp and only about 7 1/2 ft tall. A lot of their models are just too tall for my shop.

Does it qualify as OWWM if they don't make the model anymore? ;)

Eric

Reply to
mnterpfan

Under the charter it does.

It also qualifies as An Extremely Righteous Dust Collector.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100