CYA Highland Woodworking

Gotta love the sense of humor at HW, I think they see the irony

This warning is provided to comply with California's Proposition 65 product labeling law. Each and every product sold by Highland Hardware, DBA Highland Woodworking, may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Highland Hardware, DBA Highland Woodworking provides this warning based on its knowledge concerning the possible presence of one or more such chemicals, without attempting to evaluate the level of exposure.

In addition see ,

made me laugh

Reply to
ChairMan

It made me believe that reading that warning might cause me to get cancer... But only in Cali... :-)

What a state.

Reply to
tiredofspam

You would be dead wrong, Bubba! Beware, this is the Internet where you get infected just clicking on something ... even if you're in Texas. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Do you get cancer from power cords in Texas?

I thought that was funny. Do folks in Kalifornia swear off electricity due to the cancer causing properties of power cords? How moronic.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Talk about the boy that cried wolf. When California does have another crises no one is going to notice the warning among all the outher warnings.

Reply to
Leon

NO! People in California are especially susceptible to cancer as they have had a lot of stuff shove down their throats for so many years. Their immune systems are severely compromised.

Reply to
Leon

Gotta love the sense of humor at HW, I think they see the irony

This warning is provided to comply with California's Proposition 65 product labeling law. Each and every product sold by Highland Hardware, DBA Highland Woodworking, may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Highland Hardware, DBA Highland Woodworking provides this warning based on its knowledge concerning the possible presence of one or more such chemicals, without attempting to evaluate the level of exposure.

In addition see ,

me laugh ================================================================================= A lot of places are doing that or just not dealing with anyone in California. I am sure that Californians don't pay any attention to warning labels anymore. A perfect example of crying wolf. They have labeled so much stuff as being bad for you that legitimate warnings are likely being ignored since everything down there will kill you.

Reply to
CW

Who would come to their aid?

You might get cancer traveling into the state.

Reply to
tiredofspam

I'm sure most ignore it, too, but the cost involved has to be paid by somebody. And they wonder why their state is in debt. I just think HW approach is hilarious, everthing we sell causes cancer and we're not even going to evaluate the levels of exposure. Gotta love it. The sad part was I was looking at C clamps and saw the warning and clicked on it, thinking how the F*** can a c clamp cause cancer?

ChairMan

HHHHOOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL

Reply to
ChairMan

Your missing the point.

You see like little kids, Californians may put the C clamp in their mouths... So you need a Retailer to look after these little adults and make sure that they know the risks...

That's why Jay Walk> I'm sure most ignore it, too, but the cost involved has to be paid by > somebody.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Yep, Jay celebrates stupidity. It is hard to watch. I was always a history buff, so historical questions would be easy for me. But some of those folks are so ignorant and incapable of the most simple logic. I remember one girl who was asked, "When was the war of 1812"? She couldn't figure it out. Another historical mystery, who fought the civil war? She answered, England! How did these people get through school? I remember one particularly stupid women who couldn't figure out what planet she was on. Her job? Elementary school teacher! We are doomed.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Some of the people Jay interviews are not Californicans and they do no better. Stupidity is universal. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Not to mention that Californians brought you the B-2, F-22, C-17, the first disk drive (IBM), some of the best business computers ever built (electrodata/burroughs), the internet as we know it (UCB) and so forth. With over 35 million people, there are bound to be a dozen or so with below average knowledge and intelligence, and Jay Leno never shows the majority of respondents who answer the questions correctly.

scot

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And don't forget what may be California's crowning contribution to modern civilization, "right turn permitted on red after stop"

Reply to
Larry W

Not necessarily. Many of the engineers come from all around.

My friends are case in point. All from Long Island, where Fairchild, and Grumman were based.

They live in Cali now, because that's where the jobs are. Another friend from Mass has recently moved to Cali.. same ...

While many are from Cali, many are not.

And many Californians are smart people, but there is an abudance of idiots. I think that is related to the Hollywood atmosphere... But then again, look at thos stupid laws...

(electrodata/burroughs),

Reply to
tiredofspam

Let's see. And why is California bankrupt?

RonB

Reply to
RonB

--------------------------- Since when is California bankrupt?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

What do you call this:

Bill Clinton's "meaning of _is_ " is no longer on the table, you need to come up with other words to describe reality, eh?

Reply to
Swingman