cutting, planeing, jointing wood

If I have a project like making a small drawer and I need several pieces the same size as in the font sides and back, how can I insure each piece of wood I cut from rough cut lumber is the same size? Also I it best to cut the rough lumber to size, then plane it with the power planer?
To help ensure same thickness, don't cut your individual pieces until your stock is jointed and planed to thickness. Then use a miter gauge or sled with a stop installed to ensure same length on your crosscut pieces. Tom