Cutting own wood.

My unlce just bought an old saw mill to runn off his old farmall. What would I have to do to cut my own wood and use it for wood projects? What do you use to dry it and to cut it to the proper thickness?
Find a local with experience. This is unbelievably dangerous, even after you know what you are doing! Air dry in the sun for a couple of years, or take to a kiln, or build a kiln. You can get beautiful wood if you are patient. I did my house. Wilson

Google around for solar kilns. I saw one of these added to the south end of an existing workshop a few years ago and it is pretty neat. Not terribly expensive to build with salvage storm door panels. This one could maintain around 100 to 120 degrees on frigid days, a lot warmer in moderate weather. Cools off at night unless you take time to install window insulators. This one also provided some heat for the adjacet shop. Not as fast as a regular kiln, but supposedly fills the time-gap between air-dried and kiln-dried while maintaining the air-dried character.
RonB

At your fingertips http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us /
Think I smell some dead fish here fella's. This person is all over the ng's if you do a Google and into everything you can imagine. Don't really think it's worth our time to respond based on what I've briefly read in some other ng's - providing it's the same person. How many "stryped

can there be?
I think just an newbie, his questions seem reasonable for a green novice.
Leon wrote:

Nothing wrong with getting him seasoned...