Cutting out a broken screw

Hello All:
Yesterday I broke off a lag bolt in hard maple. Today, I broke off a screw extractor.... argggg!
Next option is to use a hole saw to cut out the screw along with a section of the wood. I remember that someone makes a small hole saw just for this application. I thought it was Lee Valley but I don't see it on thier web site. Seems that the smallest regular hole saw is 5/8", which is much bigger than I need.
Anybody know the hole saw, broken screw tool I am thinking of?
Thanks,
Jim
: Hello All: : : Yesterday I broke off a lag bolt in hard maple. Today, I broke off a screw : extractor.... argggg! : : Next option is to use a hole saw to cut out the screw along with a section : of the wood. I remember that someone makes a small hole saw just for this : application. I thought it was Lee Valley but I don't see it on thier web : site. Seems that the smallest regular hole saw is 5/8", which is much bigger : than I need. : : Anybody know the hole saw, broken screw tool I am thinking of? : : Thanks, : : Jim : http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&offerings_ID#54&ObjectGroup_IDC9&CATID=7 : :

That's it, thanks!
Jim
You didn't happen to buy that extractor from Woodcraft did you? A friend just recently bought from Woodcraft and it shattered after a couple uses.
Jim Martin wrote:

Funny you should say that I just had the same thing happen to me using the Woodcraft extractor. I had just started the hole and it shattered scattering pieces everywhere. Make sure you wear eye protection and gloves when using these. I could easily break the shattered pieces with a pair of pliers so IMHO these extractors are too brittle to be safe/useful.
Scott Hogsten
says...

I'd recommend a face shield from the description that my friend gave me of the way his shattered.