cutting maplewood?

I have several pieces of maplewood logs (aproximately 2feet long),and 7 inches in diameter. I'd like to cut them into 2 ft long boards.
But i was told that maplewood has to be cut a special way to maintain the grain.
Any info would be greatly apreciated.
thanks
K.White wrote:

Cut them lengthwise. You'll have grain.
--

dadiOH

Splitting froe or bandsaw. The froe would be the simplest for 2ft planks.
Len