cutting channel along base of wall--tool suggestion?

I have to cut a 12" long channel about 1/4" wide along the base of my wall. The base board has been pulled and I am cutting through laminate flooring. I can do it with a small hand saw but I was wondering if there is a cutting wheel I can put on my drill, sort of like a giant dremel tool, or some other tool just for this job.
I guess an undercut saw would work, but I don't own one. Any other cheap, powered solutions that won't result in finger loss?
Thanks,
C.
Craniac wrote:

Don't know if a jamb saw would work. Sometimes they can be rented at larger hardware stores.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Craniac wrote:

what about using a biscuit jointer i used one when i laid laminate flooring to cut a slot in the base board.     just me
Me wrote:

Don't know if he can get close enough to the wall. If all else fails and since it's only 12" length: I had to cut 1/8" or so off of two door jambs when laying tile. So I got myself one of those flat blade hand saws. Not sure what they are called, in Europe they were called veneer saw. Home Depot had one for around $10 where the handle could be flipped over so you could saw left-bound and right-bound. The downside of that flip handle is that it wobbles a bit. So whenever I can get away with one direction only I use the old fixed handle version from my grandpa.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Thanks!
I ended up using a flat blade hand saw and drilling lots of holes so there would be less to cut. The jagged edge will be covered by baseboards. Thanks.
Craniac wrote:

Great. Time for a nice glass of Pale Ale I guess ;-)