cutting brass flashing

I have some very thin brass flashing and want to cut a hole in it. To thin for a whole saw. Making hole protectors for bird houses

Sandwich it between two pieces of 1/4 ply (or almost any two pieces of wood), clamp tight and drill with your favorite bit.
Alternatively, get a piece of pipe with right OD and sharpen the end of it with a file to make a hole punch (bevel the inside, not the outside) Put the brass on a piece of scrap, position the pipe, and give the pipe a good whack.
HTH,
Paul Franklin

This method gets my vote.
You can also check out Harbor Freight. They usually have cheap hole punch sets that are just like this but already sharp and heat treated. They might be named gasket punches.
If you want to make your own chucking it up in a lathe and ro0tating it while using a dremmel tool with a stone would make short work of the task.
--

Roger Shoaf

Then maybe you need a half saw. More seriously, I agree that clamping between two thin pieces of wood should work fine. Good luck, Andy

You could always draw the circle you need on the brass and cut it out with a scroll saw. muzzleloader