Cutting Board material

Page 4 of 4

That reminds me of the excellent bumper sticker which covers the hate of durnnear everything:
NUKE THE GAY BABY WHALES FOR JESUS
--
Only YOU can prevent Oak Rust!

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
On 10/29/10 8:46 AM, Swingman wrote:

Be careful not to cross contaminate when you club them.
--

-MIKE-

"Robatoy" wrote

On 10/29/10 8:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

between sips....... (pheeew)
--

-MIKE-

Two seals walk into a bar. Bartender says: "what can get for you?" One seal says: "anything but a Canadian Club."

The sipping ads the secret ingredient, saliva, and is a precursor to the application process... spitting/spraying it all over the top of the cutting board.
On Oct 29, 9:03am, " snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com"

Dulls tools, eh? Nothing like dragging your $100.00 Wsthof across that stuff then. I know absolutely nothing about Ipe, but I won't be using that for a cutting board. Thanks for the input.
On 10/29/10 8:30 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Tangent... I was in woodcraft and a few guys were talking about Ipe. They got into a discussion about how to pronounce it. One guys said, "I pronounce it eye-pay," the other guy said, "I pronounce it eepay," the third said, "I hear it's just pronounced like pipe." I was walking by and said, "I pronounce it, Brazilian Walnut."
--

-MIKE-

snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com says...

Be careful with that because there is a very nice variety of walnut also grown in Brazil (I remember seeing a great rack of boards 18 inches wide and all heart backalong, right next to the cabinet-grade Ipe).
On 10/28/2010 11:07 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

He doesn't know how.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Duh.
I'm sure you did lof a lot. I am.

I like Beech. Maple works too. I guess anything not too aromatic or porous with some weight (density) to it would work. In my opinion most Cherry and Walnut boards are too porous and soft. Mineral Oil is a safe bet for finishing, does not turn rancid