Cutting Board Completed, 1 of 6

Page 1 of 2
The bottom, beveled on all bottom edges to add a raised area for easily picking up the board. Also a clear 1/8" x 1/2" cabinet door bumper in each corner recessed 3/64"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/16062588371/in/photostream/
The business side. Precipitants will be responsible for adding the oil/finish of choice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/15878452279/in/photostream/
Thoughts before I add the finishing touches to the remaining 5? ;~)
On 12/20/2014 11:23 AM, Leon wrote:

Beautiful, with nice touches...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/20/2014 12:10 PM, Swingman wrote:

Thank you..
On 12/20/2014 12:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Nice work. Once oiled it will look even better
May I make a suggestion? On the back, route a groove between inlays. It could then double as a game to roll frozen peas around and stay on a certain path. You could race peas and blueberries.
On 12/20/2014 12:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yeah, I can't wait to oil the one that I intend to keep.

What are you smokin? ROTFL ;~)
On 12/20/14 11:23 AM, Leon wrote:

I hate you again.
--

-MIKE-

On 12/20/2014 1:10 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Leon wrote:

Very pretty!
My only added thought is I think that round corners maybe more durable than square corners. The oval cutting board I made 35 years ago still sees daily use. It's not as fancy as yours, of course--just the "high school classic".
Bill
On 12/20/2014 4:00 PM, Bill wrote:

Thank you.

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:23:40 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

My thoughts certainly can't improve on YOUR work! It's not just a cutting board, but a nice piece of elegant kitchen furniture.
Sonny
On 12/20/2014 5:29 PM, Sonny wrote:

Thank you!

benches.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/ultra-heavy-duty-workbench/prod1490086.ip?origin=item_page.rr1&campaign=rr&sn=ClickCP&campaign_data=prod6710332

Shaweet!
Are the top edges square or did you chamfer/round them a wee tad?
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

I ran the finish sander down the edges at a 45 degree angle back and forth one time.
On 12/20/2014 12:23 PM, Leon wrote:

You're going to allow people to *cut* things on that????
My I live long enough and learn fast enough to be as nonchalant about work like that. If I built those I wouldn't let anything sharper than a spoon get near it.
Can I assume you (repeatedly) cut curves and clamped and glued thin strips in-between the mating parts? And who (or what) are these "precipitants" anyway?
On 12/21/2014 10:21 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

I made some fancy boards a few years back. Of the four I gave as gifts, only one has seen real work. The others are displayed in the kitchen, but the recipients think they are too nice to use. Use them already! That is why I made them.
On 12/21/2014 10:16 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Exactly! LOL. It is twice the value if you use it too!
On 12/20/2014 5:29 PM, Sonny wrote:
> My thoughts certainly can't improve on YOUR work! It's not just a > cutting board, but a nice piece of elegant kitchen furniture.
On 12/21/2014 9:21 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

We got one last night, as a Christmas present from Leon.
Yep, we suck!
Let me tell you, the photos do not do it justice. The details are crisp and beautifully executed. One of those pieces of woodworking excellence that to just touch is an absolute delight.
This ain't no cutting board, it's a museum piece. If this one gets used as a cutting board it will be with a one of these (temporarily) to protect it:
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-18-x-24-webstaurantstore-logo-flexible-cutting-board-2-pack/2041824PKWEB.html
'Bout the only word that does it justice is "elegant".
Thanks, Leon!!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/21/2014 10:29 AM, Swingman wrote:

Now you are reminding me those people that put clear textured vinyl covers on your car seats and furniture. ;~)

Once was enough buddy. But thank you back for the kind words.
Oh, if you oil it, post pictures.
On 12/21/14, 9:58 AM, Leon wrote:

Nice thing about that is when Aunt Sally passes on, you inherit a pristine orange and green floral print sofa.
-BR
--- ---