Cutting Board Adhesive: Liquid Nails

I'm making cutting boards using Elmer's Ultimate Glue (waterproof, bonds virtually any material, paint or stain it, money back guarantee, industrial strength). The polyurethane glue works well, but I noticed that Liquid Nails is much less expensive in the caulking gun tubes.

Q1:Does anyone know if there are any toxic concerns I should have with using Liquid Nails on something that comes into contact with food?

Q2:Does anyone know if there are any toxic concerns I should have with using Elmer's Ultimate Glue on something that comes into contact with food?

Q3:Which "flavor" of Liquid Nails would you recommend on a cutting board?

Thanks, Hank

Reply to
Hank Kingwood

My first gut response would be not to use it. My second thought was that this is a joke.

Look at their web site and check out the MSDS on the product. Not for ingestion!

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck

Wintergreen mint

Reply to
Igor

From their website:

"Titebond II Premium provides a strong initial tack, fast speed of set, superior strength and excellent sandability. It is FDA approved for indirect food contact (cutting boards)..."

Reply to
Bill Wallace

Bill,

Next time I'll check their website. Much thanks! You made a perfect score.

What about the different types (I guess I should not have said 'flavor' before) of Liquid Nails. Has anyone had better performance with any particular type? Thanks.

Hank

Bill Wallace wrote:

Reply to
Hank Kingwood