cutting board

Page 3 of 3

stryped wrote:

'I want to' isn't particvularly informative.
People who object have given actual reasons for their objections.
Do you have a reason to use x-noarchive?

What if _they_ want to? Have you considered that?
--

FF

1- If you don't want people responding to you stop posting in a public newsgroup. *You* don't get a say in who replies to your posts. Suck it up.
2 - "This" is not a free country. "This" is USENET, a world-wide, distributed, discussion mechanism that (mostly) runs over "the Internet".

You get the responses you do because there's no indication that you have actually attempted to get into it. If you did, you might be able to answer some of your own questions.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

Yes. There are other places to buy mineral oil, but the mineral oil at the pharmacy is probably more pure than other sources. Mineral oil won't go rancid like many other oils. The oil will darken the wood a little. It is good to test any finish on a scrap piece first.

Not really. You can make a cutting board any way you wish. There are a few kinds of wood to avoid. I read that beech is a good choice. I've made cutting boards from cherry, oak, and maple. I have even used pine, although this wood is generally too soft.