Cutting a 1 inch wide dado

I can't recall which magazine I read, but taping the surface with plastic electrical tape before the cut will prevent a ragged edge. I had not tried this and it sounds logical, but I'd be interested if anyone tried this method with good results.

Reply to
Phisherman

It's the teeth coming DOWN toward the table that tear up the edge, assuming your saw blade and fence are paralel. Try this: Set up for first cut but have the blade 1/16 high. Make a scoring cut. Without moving the fence, raise the blade for your final cut and make it. Then add or remove your spacer from the fence and do the same two cuts, scoring and final. Should prevent chipping.

Reply to
Gary DeWitt

Thank you all so much for your help. This group is really aces!

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder