Cutting a 1 inch wide dado

Page 2 of 2
What I'd do. Cut the 3/4 inch dado of a few test pieces. Cut the 3/4 inch dado on my work. Bump the fence over and cut on the test pieces until I got it just right. Cut my work.
bob g.
Dick Snyder wrote:

Try two straight pieces of wood clamped to the top of the work piece and a router with either a pattern bit or a straight bit and a collar. You'll adjust the distance between the 2 boards according to which method you use and then just rout out everything in between.

Thank you all so much for your help. This group is really aces!
Dick Snyder