Cut off your finger? Sue

Page 6 of 6
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:36:44 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Remember the video of the guy doing freehand cuts on the big bandsaw, ending up with a reindeer at the end? I was in mortal fear of his fingers the whole way.
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
On 3/8/2010 6:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

Sorry, John ... that should have been "Almost assuredly", the "not" was typed by the cat, apparently??
IOW, yeah, you're right ... that was most likely what he was doing (free handing the cut)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Wouldn't surprise me seems to me they tried to get OSHA to cram it down everyones throat and it didn't fly.
Mike M
Just to go against the grain, I kind of wish it would get mandated, then maybe in mass production it would become more affordable. I try to be as safe as possible, number one priority, but I still feel a little stupid every time I use my ole flesh eating Powermatic TS. If I loose a finger I'll feel even stupider... forever. I wish I had a Saw Stop. I can't think I'll buy any new saw except a swa stop. I just wish they were cheaper or the feature was availble on more saws.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:21:04 -0800 (PST), the infamous

Yeah, the SawStop is not a bad idea at all, but to add one at double the cost of a saw just irks me to no end.
Open message to SawStop: OK, I'm sold. I'll give you my classic and not so pristine Davis & Wells saw, named Dina, for one of your 102" rail, left tilt, 12" models, just so you'll feel better about my safety. Is it a deal?
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Two questions:
1. Did SawStop fund this guys legal fight?
2. What do regular folks do when they want to sell there table saw to upgrade?
This decision blows!
GarageWoodworks wrote:

So lets see, the inventor of Saw Stop is a Patent Attorney and gets bored with not making money with his chosen career. Dreams up this idea of a Table Saw that can stop the blade on contact with flesh. Tries to push this new tech. on Saw Manufactures and fails. Decides to start his own Table Saw Manufacture. I would imagine sales are decent but not decent enough for the inventor so decides to lobby for this new tech. on every table saw built today. If the millionaire wins he becomes a billionaire. Somehow I get the feeling this was the plan when he started the patent process. Now that's what I call a "Great Business Plan", at of course the expense of Table Saw Manufactures and Table Saw users all over the world!!!!
And of course Congress will probably go along with it, since they see the US citizen as dumb asses with the need to nanny state everything.
You can lead them to LINUX but you can't make them THINK ! Mandriva 2010 using KDE 4.3 Website: www.rentmyhusband.biz

The safety feature was pitched to major saw manufacturers by Gass, but according to SawStop, licensing negotiations broke down and no agreements were reached...
Could he not sue Sawstop yet, for the broken down negotiations. After all, this is probably the main reason other manufacturers aren't offering flesh-detecting technology.
Somebody had to.
In forth:

can I sue if I sew my finger?

I think sew.