Cut off your finger? Sue

Page 5 of 6
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:35:12 -0600, the infamous
following:

Better yet, if you go drink a fifth of bourbon before using the saw, you can sue both the distillery and the sawmaker, you wonderful guy!
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
wrote

The only time it would make sense is if a safety feature failed due to some defect. The saw in question didn't have the feature, so it couldn't have failed. Since Ryobi probably didn't make any claims of having the feature, the guy shouldn't have expected it to be there.
Puckdropper

HHHMMMMmmmmmm. Which pinkie could I do without?
Hmmmmmmmm!
RonB

Pinkies, you need to play piano. Better one of your toes.
In forth:

absurd Someone PLEASE add more chlorine to the gene pool
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:27:34 -0600, the infamous "ChairMan"

Attorneys are the anti-chlorine in our gene pool.
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
In forth:

outta be a no limit all season on 'em kinda like feral pigs here in tejas<g>
On 3/10/2010 12:28 AM, ChairMan wrote:

Lawyers, politicians, and journalists. A pox on all their houses.
forth:

The sport in that would get old in a hurry as there are so many of them. And what do you do with the carcass? It would be so full of shit that the meat would be useless. I'd like to see a bounty on them with the carcasses rendered into oil. That should help solve 2 problems. Art
Artemus wrote:

do like they did with wolves. you only have to turn in the ears.
they stopped using rendered whale oil a long time ago. what would you propose we do with rendered lawyer oil? there's only so many swiss watches needing lubrication.
forth:

I was thinking diesel or gasoline. OTOH a kamasutra type oil would be a natural as lawyers are(or were in this case) amazingly slippery and always good at screwing people.
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:19:44 -0800, the infamous "Artemus"

Feed the meat to the less picky zoo animals, like buzzards and sharks. They eat their own kind, so it's quite fitting.

You'd let a lawyer get between you and the woman you lust^H^H^Hove, IN BED?
No, replace the imported oil with domestic lawyer oil. It's likely light enough to replace neetsfoot oil, 3-in-1, agricultural, and sewing oils. Make lawyers USEFUL for once in their meager lives.
-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. -- Ronald Reagan

Irrational... if it was so important why did he buy the saw he purchased?
Due to the irrationality of this suit that gene pool may need terming... He cut the wrong part off for that though...

A bit too much in line with the original legal maneuvering and machinations of the lawyer inventor. Color me cynical, but with that name, and occupation as hardwood floor installer, odds are that this is a carefully selected case, tried in a carefully selected venue, with the plaintiff as a convenient 'victim of opportunity', by greedy lawyers on contingency, and with more than just the stink of collusion of similar financial interests.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I'd be curious to know if he was free handing cuts at the time... If so he certainly wouldn't be the first flooring guy to guide wood through the blade sans fence or miter gauge...

Almost assuredly not ... most flooring cuts are done on a miter saw, and for the next-to-wall rips, that type of saw is the choice of most flooring sub contractors in these parts. AAMOF, I've not seen a fence on a jobsite saw like that in years, and flooring crews normally don't even use the stand.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

When I'm doing flooring, I don't even bring the table/jobsite saw. I have a mitre saw for crosses and angles and my trusty bosch sabre saw for rips. Come to think of it, I use the bosch more and more for crosses as well. It saves getting up and making a trip to the saw stand.

thinking about doing that for cross cuts gives me the heebie-jeebies.... for rips? Doesn't even bear thinking about. I mean, I guy could lose a finger doing tha.... wait, nevermind...

Ya think...??

LOL ... like the Forrest blade guys at the WW shows, using one of those little table top saws for demoing paper thin cuts, on a 2"x4"x6" slab of hardwood, freehand.
What are they gonna do now? :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08