Cut off your finger? Sue

GarageWoodworks

Asshat lawyers ... greed rewarding stupidity/personal irresponsibility.

Reply to
Swingman

I would bet a high end SawStop that he no guard on the saw.

I also wonder if SawStop is paying dudes to cut off their fingers and sue. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I couldn't agree more.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

My problem isn't with the asshat lawyers but with the asshat judge and asshat jury that let the trial go forward to begin with and then ruled in favor of the plaintiffs.

And it shows that the other manufacturers were right to not back sawstop--exactly what was predicted is taking place and in a few years from now the affordable power saw will cease to exist as they become laden with lawyer-induced safety features each of which adds its increment of cost.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"GarageWoodworks" wrote

after you cut your finger off is dumb. Recently I find myself full of fear every time I want to cut a piece of wood on my saw. I'm a nervous wreck and the stress is not good for me. I'm going to sue so they put a flesh detecting device on my saw and enough money for a relaxing vacation.

Get my lawyer on the phone.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

HHHMMMMmmmmmm. Which pinkie could I do without?

Hmmmmmmmm!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Won't survive appeal. It's a shame that the lawyers will be the only ones to win, here.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I've seen a couple of construction workers and a bunch of amateur homeowners crosscutting freehand on these portable table saws. They eventually get what they deserve.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

"Carlos Osorio", a hardwood floor installer ... hmmmmm, wonder if he was fresh from Home Depot?

This guy, nails it:

Swingman

I dislike lawyers as much as the next guy...but I also think it's a bit odd that none of the other manufacturers has even attempted to come up with something similar. Surely the Sawstop guys haven't locked down the patents that tightly.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't own a Sawstop but I'd use one if someone bought it for me. :)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Don't bet on it

Reply to
ChairMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@t20g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, GarageWoodworks spewed forth:

absurd Someone PLEASE add more chlorine to the gene pool

Reply to
ChairMan

Not to mention that the ass hat *could* have bought a Saw Stop if his finger were that important to him. Seems he is the *only* negligent one.

Reply to
krw

Have a beer. I'll sooth your nerves.

Reply to
krw

The "guy", Steve Gass, _is_ a patent attorney.

Like they say ... one lawyer in a town will starve to death, two and they'll both get rich.

Reply to
Swingman

Irrational... if it was so important why did he buy the saw he purchased?

Due to the irrationality of this suit that gene pool may need terming... He cut the wrong part off for that though...

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

He also has a doctorate in physics and claims to have started woodworking at age 4. The fact that someone who invents something useful happens to be an attorney shouldn't be held against them.

Sure. And I know there was some interesting happenings in the early days of his idea when he wanted a pretty good premium for the use of the concept.

But all the other companies all have patent attorneys as well. I have a hard time believing that nobody else in the entire industry could have come up with a flesh-sensing device of their own after the better part of a decade.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Some of us would rather be retain possession of all our digits - fingers are more useful than lawsuits.

I have some small stock (1x2) that needs to be cut to length (maybe 5 mnutes?) but it can wait until morning when I'm not fighting a sinus headache..

John

Reply to
news

A bit too much in line with the original legal maneuvering and machinations of the lawyer inventor. Color me cynical, but with that name, and occupation as hardwood floor installer, odds are that this is a carefully selected case, tried in a carefully selected venue, with the plaintiff as a convenient 'victim of opportunity', by greedy lawyers on contingency, and with more than just the stink of collusion of similar financial interests.

Reply to
Swingman