Cut List Software for OS X

I apologize if this comes out as a repeat but I did not see my earlier post show up on the list.

Do any of you know of a cut list program that runs on OS X. I searched using Google without any luck. I had some hits for Linux but would rather not have to migrate or try to compile. Curious if others know.

TIA,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Rohrer

Tim,

There is nothing for OSX. If you have VirtualPC, then Cutlist Pro is a GREAT option. It is what I use.

R> I apologize if this comes out as a repeat but I did not see my earlier post

Reply to
The Alaskan

Added note. If you send me an email we can talk off line.

r o n m a n @ m a c . c o m

Reply to
The Alaskan

Tim, I am a Mac user running Mac OS 9.2.1 . I suggest that you repeat the Google search using Mac OSX and not just OS X. Worth a try at least. Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

Design Intuition from

is a really good as a CAD program designed especially for woodworkers. It beats the socks of most of what I have been using, both on a Mac and a PC. It does not do cut lists. I have queried the developer about this. Maybe we will hear back.

R> Tim Rohrer wrote:

Reply to
The Alaskan

Thanks for the info, RonMan. Have you tried qcad and, if so, how does it compare to Design Intuition? I had not heard of the latter but will try to download and check it out this weekend.

Have other things that must get done first : )

Wr, Tim

Reply to
Tim Rohrer

When comparing qcad to Design Intuition I came to the conlusion that DI was designed for woodworkers (by a woodworker) and qcad is just a cad program with all the baggage that goes with one. It is about average for usability for a cad program, but most cad programs stink on the usability side (Vectorworks is loads better that AutoCAD, but could be even easier to use).

qcad is cheap, $$100.

I did get a response from the developer of DI. He is working on (o the cut list feature and asked if I wanted to be a beta tester. Of course I said yes. I will keep you posted.

R> Thanks for the info, RonMan. Have you tried qcad and, if so, how does it

Reply to
The Alaskan

Linux stuff most likely can be twiddled to run on OS-X with relatively little effort, but the Linux project you speak of is vaporware, so there's nothing there for you to fool with one way or the other.

Reply to
Silvan

Go look at Apple. There is list of OS X software and I did see and OS X version of cutting software there.

Reply to
Jim Polaski