Cut List software?

You're a walking contradiction moron. If you don't care about my opinion, why pray tell, did you respond? Post proof of purchase for Cut List dated from prior to 3 days ago and I'll kiss your ass in front of all of rec.woodworking. Otherwise, f*ck off an die you piece of shit.

Reply to
Bruce

Oh, so you have money to burn and yet still feel the urge to f*ck over innocent programmers. You're just digging the hole deeper and deeper loser.

Reply to
Bruce

Man, you really opened yourself up for flames here. You're not going to win any arguments, so you should just stop posting in this thread.

Micro$oft programmers' opinions of themselves is a huge part of the problem. You think you're badass, and stuff starts slipping through the cracks.

I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox development. What a heap of crap it is. There are so many problems that I can't believe it got out the door. Even more stunning is the fact that there are no service packs for these problems.

Micro$oft ruined SourceSafe when they bought the product, renamed it "Visual SourceSafe," and destabilized it. Now everyone is running to Perforce because some "not too shabby" programmers there decided to innovate.

Micro$oft is the Wal-Mart of software. Nobody likes them. They're both the biggest, they both sell crap, and everyone buys it.

At least I don't use Windoze much at home. I don't use a computer much at home. I head out to the wooodshop :)

You can think you're as badass as you want. You may even be badass, but you're not smart for putting your efforts into a company that takes no pride in it's products. Through poor quality, Micro$oft tarnishes the "Made in USA" label just as badly as the American automakers. At least there are better, more popular choices for cars.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Reed

;-) I've been writing code since the 1970's and I'm quite (favorably) impressed with .NET. Of course it's not perfect but a lot of it is pretty darn close. ASP.NET is better for web apps than anything else I know about.

I'm still pining for VB6-style MDE development windows because they make much better use of screen space on multiple monitor computers. But other than that everything I use has been improved under .NET.

YMMV...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Because he's a troll. Too bad I let that one get by the hit-list. It's still not too late: .....Plonk! He's a bad memory.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy

I think the .NET feature set is incredible, it's just the bugs that ruin it. We use it for C++.

Two major examples:

When I pull code, and a project file changes, I only get prompted the /first/ time -- if I pull later, I get no prompt and the project file doesn't reload. We've had to resort to closing .NET completely, pulling code, then restarting and reloading the solution.

RetardiSense(tm) only works about 10% of the time, and I can see no pattern of when it works. Most of the time, I get the wonderful "IntelliSense: 'No additional information available'" Ugh. Makes me feel like I'm editing with Notepad.

The devel> > I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox

Reply to
Mike Reed

Post proof of download and use.

again, Let those who are without sin cast the first stone.......

If you are free of any wr> >

Reply to
Mapdude

Part of it is the culture. You don't get hired unless you show that you can solve some of those irritating mental puzzles (you know the ones like 5 missionaries and 5 cannibals have to get across a rope bridge ...). Some people do well at it, some don't, but IMHO, that doesn't provide a very good indication of how innovative or how "out of the box" you are going to be in a real environment. What it does do is guarantee hiring a certain type of person. The kind of person who, for example, might take great delight in writing clever little easter eggs into flagship software products. In Msoft's opinion (or at least it used to be several years ago) that was a prime qualifier to get hired.

Ah yes, the infamous, "Microsoft freedom to innovate" which typically means "freedom to deviate from the standard into our own proprietary format". Which translates into software and data that is only readable using a Microsoft product, and, since Msoft has such a share of the market to force the adoption of the Msoft product by just about everybody in order to be able to access the data they need.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Pretty typical of modern society's approach to life. "Unless you are perfect, don't show me where I am going wrong". That wasn't exactly the intent of the quote you are using above when it was first used.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yeah, that's for sure. When I was about to graduate with my CS degree, I interviewed with Micro$oft just for practice. I knew they had a challenging interview process, and I had zero interest in actually working for them. I did well with the technical and puzzler questions (I really like those kinds of problems).

I declined a second interview.

Boy, the job market sure was different back then :)

Reply to
Mike Reed

The way I read it, after we get the log out of our own eye we're supposed to help others get the specks out of theirs. ;-) But don't forget whose problem was bigger to begin with.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Both quotes had more to do with the attitude in the hearts of the accusers than the actual actions. The idea that one must become perfect (i.e. "removing the log" or "being without sin") before one can help another avoid or point out a sin that is leading to a brother's destruction is a guarantee that no one would ever point out problems because no one is perfect, nor will they be perfect in this lifetime. However, the attitude of self-righteousness and lack of love when pointing out another's sin are the real problem being addressed here. The concern is supposed to be for the other person's well-being, not to elevate ourselves above the other when identifying error. We do this by knowing that our own natural nature is not better than the other person's and is, in fact, most likely even worse. That still should not prevent us from stopping someone from stepping into the path of an on- coming train.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Amen, Brother. You and your girlfriend have a GOOD thing going.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Reply to
Len