Cut de-waxed Shellac vs. Minwax Pre-Stain Conditioner

Pretty soon I going to have to think about staining/finishing these [Home Depot Radiata] pine vanity cabinets. I've used Minwax Pre-Stain Conditioner prior to staining pine moldings but now have bought a can of Zinzer's Bullseye Clear Shellac (Product Code 00304). Would cutting the Bullseye to a one or two pound cut give me the same product as the Minwax? I can't determine if it's dewaxed or no.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Dave in Houston wrote:

No.
It has wax. Dewaxed shellac is sold as Zinnser Seal Coat.
Damn, you guys are already on this subject and way ahead of me (I had just commented on the lacquer thread about dewax...).
On another note, on the Minwax pre-stain it seems from the instructions you can apply the stain before the sealer is totally dry, at least is not specific. I did some tests and letting it dry all the way is the key to a good result.

<snip>

Yabbut it's still junk. Use the shellac spit coat in good health.
Patriarch, irrationally unhappy with yellow cans...
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:52:12 +0000, B A R R Y wrote:

And the SealCoat is already a 2 pound cut so you can use it as is.

I'm sold; Seal Coat it is. Thanks, guys.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston