Custom Drill press table

Page 1 of 2
A sheet of plywood with a clamp on 2x4 makes a handy drill press table and fence. If you want to get fancier, you can do more. See my drill press table at http://www.anneldavis.com/bobandanne/drillpresstable.htm .
Bob

The link is totaly dead. No show big bro... anyway I bought this kit and just finished doing all the cutting of the peices http://www.woodsmithstore.com/drilprestabk.html It's a really good deal. Now when I am done assembling it I need to come up with a stop or two that clamps to the fence.
Alex

Link worked OK for me. Just that menu thing that moves on screen that makes it a PITA to view or read as it partially blocks the text.

I can't EVEN get that far, I get nuttin' but a blank! Alex

makes
Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the moving menu. Are you by any chance running an 800x600 resolution screen? The menu was setup for 1024x768 screen and may not fit on a smaller screen. I'll look at it.
Bob

I still can't get it... perhaps post the pics ABPW? Alex

I have posted them per your request.
Bob

Sorry you cannot see it. There's apparently a routing problem between my ISP and the UK. I cannot fix that.
Bob

just finished

http://www.woodsmithstore.com/drilprestabk.html
Interesting ideas. Thanks for posting. What's the slot on the front of the table for? Is there also a front-back micro adjustment on the table? Its not apparent from the photograph. They always make these photos kind of a teasing look so you cannot copy the ideas.
Bob
Very nice and functional.
Question: I couldn't tell from pics if your basic table had a mechanical lift device (crank, gears, etc.) I just built a pretty good sized table for my older machine that didn't have a lift. I knew moving it up and down, with added weight, was going to be a problem. I queried the folks here and on abpf and got some good suggestions.

for
and
Yes, the table is HEAVY. I did not add any counterbalance or other assist, but it would be a good idea. Presently, I just lift up with one hand while cranking with the other. That works ok, but I may add the counterweight in the future.
Bob

Nice web site. Apparently both of the Davis' are talented.
I counterbalanced pretty easily and cheaply. I attached a small metal pully to the back of the drill press head clamp point, then crewed a 3/8" eyebolt into an existing threaded hole in the back of the table. I ran a length of 1/8" steel cable from the eyebolt up through the pully and back toward the floor. About 3' from the floor I crimped a loop in the cable and put a heavy 18'" rubber bungee from the loop down to the bolt that secured the post to the base. I might replace the bungee with a weight some day but this $10 lift system works pretty well.

Aieee !! The <blink> tag ! My eyes, my eyes !
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:07:57 +0100, Andy Dingley

He doesn't see that in IE. It only happens with browsers which support it, like Nutscrape and Mozilla, which most of us use. Don't you love FrontPage authoring?
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for mentioning this. I went back and viewed with Firefox and saw some things I could not see in IE. I fixed them.

Yes, I do. I don't want to spend time to learn a bunch of technical languages. The menu system is a separate product.
Bob
calmly ranted:

Yes, much better. One last item, Firefox blocked Anne's page as a popup. I noticed that the other pages were directly linked while that one opens an additional window.

I know, and I was giving you a hard time about it.
--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage - http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Programming

Hmmm. Bummer. I set it up to open as a new window on purpose. I did not realize that would trigger a pop-up blocker. I guess I'll undo that setup. Anne would not be happy. :-)
Bob

FIXED!
Bob
Looks pretty nice Bob, but the blinking and the moving menu kept me from staying too long to really look at it.
--Mike

Its good to get feedback, Mike. It helps me improve. I've reworked the menu location and action and got rid of the blinking. It should be much easier on the eyes now.
Bob