Cushioned floor mats

I have never purchased or looked into the cushioned floormats but through I would drop this information since there was a discussion a couple of times recently. Sam's Club has these mats that interlock and are sold in packages of 8, 25"x25 " A package of 8 cover about 33 square feet. $16.95. I picked up a pack as that seemed too cheap to pass up.
Leon wrote:

around his barber chair.... just that that i would let you know.. i dont know what he paid for it....

they wear fast and unevenly. there is a reason that mats cost so much. go get some horse stall mats the cheapest and longest lasting alternative out there. but they will break your back moving them (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Actually I got the mats to park the lawn mower on. It is getting old, this is its 18th season and its wheels don't hold up on the hard floor very well any more. ;~) LOL
I built a new storage shed and will keep the lawn mower in it. I used a garage floor paint on the floors and want to keep them clean. I figured that if I park the mower on the mat I could just carry the mat out side and dump it instead of mopping and sweeping the floor.
Just use cardboard like the rest of the impoverished world and hit it with a match if it gets too crummy.

I don't think the card board will hold up to a lawn mower that may be dripping water.

SWMBO gave me a mat like her hair dresser uses. I think it is the absolute best. It is expensive, but I've had it for over 5 years and it's still as good as new.

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:19:23 GMT, "Leon"

That's a pretty good deal. Here in CT, horse / gym mats go for about $35, for a 4x6 at farm supply stores. I was lucky enough to get 8 free mats from a gym that was closing down.
Barry

Leon: I am afraid you said the magic word "cheap"....do not waste your money...these are junk and wear out fast, come apart, wear uneven, and in general just a piece of .....buy horse matts from your local farm supply...I have about 30 here at the school and they are working just fine
good luck, Mike

Thanks Mike, fortunately I am using these mats to keep the floor clean in my storage shed. They will not see much traffic at all.
Just an fyi...BJ's has the same thing - but they are 11.95.

BJ's ?
Leon wrote:

Like Sam's but different company.
--