Curved Ribbing - How?

I'm trying to chisel out a ribbed corner on an oak night stand I've been building. An example of what I'm after is the ribbed corner on this old radio:

'm aware of router bits that will give this effect on a straight surface, but I'd like to emulate the corner in the above picture and haven't found anything. Any thoughts on how that can be done with machine tools, or is this something only a little elbow grease will accomplish?

Thanks, Gus

Reply to
Gus

Gus Send me a legitamate e-mail address and i I'll send you a sketch on how to do it, It is rather easy

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! My young computer-wizard nephew told me not to put my real email address in that box to avoid spam. You can reach me here:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Thanks again, Gus

"George M. Kazaka" wrote in news:t9MHb.133$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Reply to
Gus

Most scratch stocks are straight. But if you make your own, you can make a special one with a curved stock just as easily.

-- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:58:47 +0000, Andy Dingley brought forth from the murky depths:

Get much action on that ad? (I had to google for it.)

Good idea on the curved scratch stock.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques