Curved Bar Construction

Hello Gentlewoodworkers,
My Condo has a 20" Dia. concrete column near the dining area. Instead of a traditional diner table, I've decided to place a "diner bar". The center of radius of this proposed bar will be the center of the existing column. I've decided that the inside radius should be 28" (10" for the column and 18" clearance to get behind the bar) and the outside radius be 46" (18" of counter surface). The span of the bar will be a quarter circle or 90 degrees.
I don't want to spend a lot of money on wood, so I am thinking of using 2x6 redwood lumber. My thinking is to square up the lumber and biscuit join them into a plank large enough to cut my quarter-donut out of using a jigsaw.
To make this project, I've enrolled in a woodworking class at the local college so I'll have access to all the fancy equipment.
Am I doing this the best way possible? Also I can't decide on the leg arrangement. Should I use 3 or 4 legs and how should they be placed along the bar?
TIA

Your best advice will be right there, front and center. Ask your instructor.
Bill.