Current Count - As Of 10/25/05

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

By that flawed, snot-nosed logic, the US shouldn't attack some more countries with a few Al Qaeda members in it? Like Canada? We'll never notice a little DU around our uranium mines..
The bulk of the terrorists flying the planes were Saudis. Saudi Arabia has had Al Qaeda cells on their soil...why not bomb them, Mr. Jazz?
(I just love the imagery..."So why not bomb the Saudis, Mr.Jazz?"..silhouettes, cigar smoke..could be a line from Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove.)
The fact that you were at the First Gulf War doesn't qualify you as a rational thinker, bub, as your other paragraphs so clearly demonstrate.
There's a fair bit of military history in my family/ancestry, unlike the kid down the street who came back all thrilled and wide-eyed, because he got to "kill real people"
As I have opined here before, there are reasons to go to war. [sarcasm switch=ON] To have a daddyBush who is on the board of The Carlisle Group, a company which handles investment portfolios for oil wealth and invests it in things like defence contractors, had NOTHING to do with starting any kind of war. (Other members include James Baker..yup, same one who negotiated a Florida victory for Shrub in 2000, Carlucci, Powell, the list is a who's who of political influence..google Carlisle Group..you'll have chills....) Just like Dick Cheney's stock-options in Halliburton had nothing to do with starting a war either. Along the same lines, there was NO influence on behalf of Israel via a group of neocons to kick a little butt in the Middle East. [sarcasm switch=OFF]
Afghanistan to the north, Iraq in the south..almost ready to build that pipe-line from the Caspian oilfields to the Gulf..ooops..Iran is in the way....better get that oil before the Chinese go for it....(All that IMHO *is* a reason to capture some strategic positions, but stop insulting people by trying to sell them lies based on forged yellow cake documents.) It's the arrogance that blows up MY skirt. ("these idiot minions will swallow anything") Isn't it Tim Daneliuk in here who refers to them as sheeple? If so, I'm steeling the contrac(p)tion. In my country, the sheeple have strong questions like " oh, wow, man, will that fuck with the price of beer, dude?" or " How about those Maple Leafs, eh?" " That's one sweet ogee bit you're spinning there, dude" ^5's
You know... important stuff.
Wow..that's some strong tea I'm drinking here... off to the shop to make some money for the ShopBot fund.
SNIP>

Thanks for the warning. I hope you plan to keep the same first part of the title so that I can filter on it. You sometimes post some nice stories I would prefer to not have to miss.
Dave Hall

It's not. Label it OT or take it somewhere else.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

It is scary, isn't it? Would you trade you son or daughter for a purple heart?     j4

No, but I'd gladly trade Tom for a load of purpleheart...
--
Regards,
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:21:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I too will gladly trade you for a purpleheart

Can I trade my neighbor for some cocobolo?
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:21:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

no, but he'd jump at the chance to trade YOUR kid for one...

FOAD
--
Regards,

I am confused.....are you asking if someone would trade a child for a medal, as if the award were some valuable "trinket"? Or are you saying that the sacrifice is somehow "equal" in value to receiving the purple heart?
David Sizemore wrote:

It's a trinket. Good analogy for which I thank you. It says that your child was blown away for good reason or no good reason, depending upon how you feel about the latest war. Good night and good luck.     sigh,     jo4hn

First things first. I learned a long time ago to be on the look-out for red herrings and straw men. I do not admire the writer, please don't use the old transparent "discredit/shoot the messenger" routine. I posted the link to that rant to illustrate the ridiculousness in what motivates some people to chose certain paths to destroy themselves and others. Irony with an edge. Sorry you missed my point.
I have read your posts in the past with a great deal of interest and I appreciate your reply again this time. You are absolutely correct that many wonderful things have been done by selfless, committed religious people. I am aware of that. To use your words: I have met and know some of these people personally. They are remarkably brave, devout, and humble people, [snip]
What are the odds of Bush becoming the poster boy for a religious faction doing the right thing?
Robatoy wrote:

I'm sorry as well ... I read it as an apologetic for the rant. My Bad.

The odds are small - but they *should* be. As the Chief Executive of our government, his job is not to do the "right thing" because exactly what is "right" is at least debatable and certainly not agreed to by everyone in this nation. His sole job is to preserve Liberty by defending the Constitution. In fact that's the only legitimate job for any of the Federal government. By that measure, all three branches of government, and all the regulatory agencies pretty much get a D-. The military gets an A+ because they do exactly that 99% of the time.
After I was discharged in February of '72, and became involved as a Vet against the war in Vietnam, I wondered how we had become so hardened to the nightly statistics during the news. Today they might call it the virtualization of war I presume.
Thank-you Tom for having the courage to be honest, to remind us of the thousands mourning the loss of life, the loss of hopes and dreams, the loss....
Thanks, Bc

Bc pathwalkatcenturyteldotnet
_______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
Bob Carter wrote:

Yes, it's a real shame those pesky Kurds and Shiites aren't getting butchered regularly like they used to. Long live the status quo.