Current Count - As Of 10/18/05

Page 1 of 5

American Deaths In Iraq        1979. Since "Mission Accomplished"    1824. Iraqi Deaths (est.)        28,000.
I notice that when the Bush daughters graduated they didn't rush out to enlist. Really couldn't understand that in light of how important daddy thinks the Iraq war is. Thought they would have wanted to help defend democracy. Of course, I might have been wrong.
What does all this crap have to do with woodworking?
Mike in Arkansas wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:

And you served - when?

... and if you had served troll, you would not be attempting to negate the sacrifices of your fellow soldiers by attempting to assure that we cut and run allowing an insurgent victory.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:04:58 -0700, Mark & Juanita

yeah, just keep feeding kids into this pointless war. that'll really honor the sacrifices of the previous cannon fodder.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Utter bullshit.
Charlie Self former Cpl. USMC
Didn't Herrmann Goering give advice along those lines to Adolph? Like, keep warfare going, and call any who object traitors.
How about a "truth in warmongering" law to parallel "truth in lending"? Full and honest disclosure up front, cooling-off period, whatever.

Obviously the better idea is to stay there until hell freezes. We're not getting out of there looking good, so we won't get out of their.
USAF 1961-1983 fuckhead.....

Tom,
Have you ever Googled 'peak oil'? Maybe that would take your mind off the war. Okay, they're related, but peak oil is going to have a greater effect on you.
--
What does this have to do with woodworking? Just this. In five to ten years
hobby woodworking will not be how you spend your spare time. Surviving will

I've Googled, "Pissants From Mars", and gotten more or less the same energy.
The thrust of the thread is the unreasoning involvement of American children in a conflict that is without meaning, or a legitimate hope of resolution.
The demographics of this group show that most are of an age as to appreciate the analogy to the undeclared war in southeast Asia.
There is a subset of individuals who are old enough to take that back to Korea.
There may even be a few who could hearken back to the Second World War.
A serious enquiry would lead one ultimately to the question of "Why".
Why would we spend our children in such a way?
Do not give your children easily to the politicians.
They will spend them without thought. or remorse.
But, you will be bereft.

OK. But maybe not.

I prefer the original DOS version.
YMMV.

Is this the same Tom Watson that once complained about the OT noise here? Even stomped of for a while IIRC.

That particular Tom Watson complained -- a lot -- about political posts, and singled out several posters by name as the objects of his ire. But only the conservatives. Evidently, off-topic political postings by leftists don't bother him.
So I'm guessing it's the same one.
Maybe he'll stomp off again.
--
Regards,
Based on the header info...nope...different guy with rod/reel.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Astros 3, Cards 0.
Astros 3, Cards 1.
Astos 4, Cards 1.