Curious: why would Amazon

place my 5 clamp order into 5 separate boxes? Wouldn't that cost them more than putting them together? 4 of the clamps are 80+ inches and are shipping via UPS Ground. Even the little 24" clamp is shipping by its lonesome.

Dave

Reply to
David

They have mine broken up in to three shipments. I ordered, 2 31" and 3 -

24". They have one 31 not yet shipped, 3 - 24" not yet shipped and 1 - 31" saying it will ship soon. The 3 - 24's have a delivery estimate, one 31 has a delivery estimate and the other 31 has no date.

Who knows what will really happen. I'll wait till they actually send a shiped notice.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

I forgot to add, maybe they sold a lot of these and are running short.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

Different warehouses maybe? Also, UPS has certain dimension limits and five 80" clamps in one box might exceed the limit.

Amazon's contract with UPS probably doesn't make it much more expensive to ship five packages to one address than one or two. Big shippers get amazing flexibility with shipping companies when you ship millions of items a year.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

At first I thought they didnt have them all ready for shipment at the same time, but they do. all 5 boxes are ready for UPS to pick up.

Dave

Reply to
David

Ordered 5 of the 31: clamps plus clamping blocks. No idea when they will ship yet.

Was anyone able to enter the discount codes successfully? I got messages saying they did not apply.

Joe T

Reply to
Joe T

yes, I got both discounts. the trick is you have to order the free 24" clamp, before applying the discount.

Dave

Reply to
David

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing. I ordered 6 24's and 4 31's and every one of them is shipping separately. I know when I bought a set from Lee Valley, they banded the boxes together and shipped it as one single unit.

Another poster asked whether anyone was able to enter the discount codes successfully. Yes, and No. I first entered an order for 3 24's and 2 31's with all the discounts applied. Decided I just couldn't live without "pairs" so I tried again. Didn't work....Finally created a new account with a different email address and was able to avail of the discounts.

Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Well lets try this. The clamps are already boxed the get "picked" or as = we would call it pulled out of stock. Then sent down a set of conveyors = to the $7.00 shipping clerks. As the clamps get to one or more clerks in = their individual boxes a shipping label is slapped on and placed on a = pallet awaiting for the cool guy in the brown get up to come get it. Just my guess Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

At least they won't bang together!

Reply to
B a r r y

Twice

Reply to
B a r r y

You did not his the "Continue to Confirm Order " button 5 times did you. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Which 24" is free? I didn't see anything tagged as free. Which Bessey 24" is it.

I just tried canceling he order...too late. Damn!

thanks.

Joe T.

Reply to
Joe T

They did the same to my order. Got them all today, at the same time, though. As for the coupon codes, I had to order all the clamps together, then put in the codes.

Reply to
Eric Berning

David wrote in news:stSdnetCntAWoGzenZ2dnUVZ_t- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Weight. Those 80+" clamps are substantial.

At least that's my guess.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Guess again. I received 4 clamps yesterday, 2 @ 31", 2@ 24", all in separate boxes. These shorter clamps don't weigh that much.

My guess is that it would cost Amazon more in time and labor to pack multiple clamps per box (so they don't damage each other), than it does to ship the extra boxes.

Reply to
Mcfly

Maybe they receive the clamps in individual boxes. The big box stores often require special packaging of products from manufacturers. Maybe something similar is happening here for clamps at Amazon.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yes, you have to add 2 Besseys of 31" or longer, and a 24" clamp to your cart. That lets you use the BESSEY24 coupon to get a free 24"

OPTIONAL: Then add approximately $50 more in merchandise (I added two more 24") so you can use the SAVEON125 coupon. This is where the savings really kick in, because you're getting $30 off that additional $50 you spend. The total for your order (including the free 24" bessey) must be $125 or more.

Reply to
bf

Sorry, the code was SAVON125 AND BESSEY24.. had a typo.

Reply to
bf

That kind of thing never makes sense to me, but a lot of places do it. I even ordered some DVDs from DeepDiscountDVD and they sent them in 5 different shipments, pretty much one per day, rather than just waiting and sending them all at once.

But if they're paying shipping, it's fine with me.

Reply to
Brian Henderson